FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2 3 Last

Maybe it`s me, but why does everyone seem to be against brogueing? If done tastefully, it can look really good imo.

Jay

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Maybe it`s me, but why does everyone seem to be against brogueing? If done tastefully, it can look really good imo.
    On this forum? I think the brogue is pretty much the shoe of the moment and one of the most celebrated stylish items amongst the fashionbeans forum types.

I'm not keen on wingtips and brogue detailing on chelsea boots however. It just doesn't sem to work too well for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    On this forum? I think the brogue is pretty much the shoe of the moment and one of the most celebrated stylish items amongst the fashionbeans forum types.

I'm not keen on wingtips and brogue detailing on chelsea boots however. It just doesn't sem to work too well for the most part.
    I agree with Jay. I love brogues, got myself a pair last year and they're definitely one of my favourite items. I just don't like the brogue detailing on Chelsea boots like Jay said.

Sam

Style Icon
    I think he meant why is everybody against brogueing on the Chelsea boots? I can't say a fan, I would have bought that KG pair in tan had it not been for the brogueing. On brogues, it's great, of course, but on Chelsea boots, which already have riding heritage, they're a bit "Dallas"... as Jay pointed out when I breeched this subject in the brogues thread.

And yeah, it's the thinness of the leather that really annoys me about Office shoes Jay - my Chelseas are irritatingly creased and wrinkled.

Fashionisto
    So i ended up getting the Jeffery West ones with the ASOS VIP25 discount code for 25% off!!!!!

Its the inner rockstar in me that prevents me getting into brogue boots and boat shoes :P

Sam

Style Icon
    Oh you bastard - good call, they look good. That said, I'm not a fan of centre stitching in any shoe. Personal dislike of mine, not sure whether it's grounded in conventional "good taste" or not but it uses smaller sheets of leather so it's probably a no-no. Even so, good buy.

Jay

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Oh you bastard - good call, they look good. That said, I'm not a fan of centre stitching in any shoe. Personal dislike of mine, not sure whether it's grounded in conventional "good taste" or not but it uses smaller sheets of leather so it's probably a no-no. Even so, good buy.
    I'm with you. Centre stitching is hideous.

I adore these as the colour is so deep and rich:

Fashionisto
    Question on this - black jeans and brown chelsea boots? Can it be pulled off?

Sam

Style Icon
    You have hit upon a great bone of contention

I think it's manageable if your boots and jeans are tastefully worn and aged, and of course your trousers are slim enough to wear with a chelsea boot, but in general I'm of the opinion that black and brown is a no-no.

Jay

Style Icon
    You can argue all you like that black jeans can work with brown shoes, but at the end of the day they will always look better with black ones, so why make an inferior choice?

+ Reply to Thread