FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 Last

Men's Chelsea Boots

It's coming up to Christmas and I think I will treat myself to a pair of Chelsea boots. I have a lot of different styles but no Chelsea boots. I want them in brown, I'm leaning towards more light brown but if I see a nice pair of dark brown boots then I'd be persuaded. My price range is around £100-130 pound. Any recommendations? Leather of course.

Fashionisto
    I was just checking out chelsea boots (and about to start a new thread).

The ones i was looking at are:

David Preston shoes (~150gbp) https://marketplace.asos.com/listing...a-boots/137459

or the Jeffery West ones. Jeffery West | Jeffery West Muse Hi-Shine Chelsea Boots at ASOS

or Jeffery West | Jeffery West Black Label High-Shine Chelsea Boots at ASOS

Problem is in Australia im not sure how well the whole cuban heel would go down. Is it that noticeable? Also whats the quality/Sizing like with these brands? Any others you know of - they dont seem to be that popular atm.

They are all very nice, I love Jeffery West. However they're a bit out of my price tag and I don't really want a black pair. I'm thinking more for casual occasions than formal (University student.)

Just seen these on another thread, albeit a little more expensive

http://www.loake.co.uk/Shop/Products/Loake Catalog GBP/PID-NEW(Loake Catalog).aspx?awc=2311_1322581702_39759b5a854dcb82 74e1e020421c0719
    Last edited by look; 29-11-2011 at 04:49 PM.

FashionBeans Staff
    How about these from Kurt Geiger?

DALLAS BROWN | KG KURT GEIGER SHOE | MENS | KURT GEIGER

I know they're brogued but it isn't that noticeable, they also do them in a tan. I would steer clear of Cuban heels though I think they make a statement too far and I don't think I have ever seen anyone pull them off well.

I've had some Black pointed Chelsea boots from Office for about 3 years, they're getting a bit worn down now (I never really wore them that much) but I'm getting a bit disillusioned with pointed shoes in general so I'm not sure I will be replacing them anytime soon. My housemate however has some very tasty Black Italian made boots and they have rekindled my interest, I just find Black a very restrictive colour to wear.

Sam

Style Icon
    I would say this, because I think it's probably my post you saw them on, but I love that Loake pair.
    However! Right within your budget, I just had a quick look on the Office site and turned up this rather nice looking pair:
    http://www.office.co.uk/mens/poste/raffaele_boot/41/11132/29694/1?fs=11132

How's that look to you? I quite like them, the longer elasticated panel is a cool feature, and they come to a nice rounded point like good slim shoes should.

Jay

Style Icon
    Those are the nicest posted so far, Sam. The chelsea boot should be simple, uncluttered, sleek and elegant. Those just about pull it off for £110 which isn't bad going.

Sam

Style Icon
    Yeah - I think they look great, I'm tempted myself actually I'm still soldiering on with an old oxblood Office own brand pair. The insoles of mine are totally wrecked and the toecaps are a bit too square for my liking, those look much nicer! And I wear chelsea boots everywhere, more or less. In a nice oxblood, brown or tan, they're very versatile.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Yeah - I think they look great, I'm tempted myself actually I'm still soldiering on with an old oxblood Office own brand pair. The insoles of mine are totally wrecked and the toecaps are a bit too square for my liking, those look much nicer! And I wear chelsea boots everywhere, more or less. In a nice oxblood, brown or tan, they're very versatile.
    They're all great suggestions. The ones from Office look really nice, as too do the KG (shame about being brogued.) I'm still undecided on the colour and will have to go to a shop with the pair of jeans/trousers i'll usually wear them with and decide. It's between a tan and brown pair.

Sam

Style Icon
    Smart call. Bring your belt (a brown one and a tan one if you're still unsure) to compare with the shoes - it doesn't have to be a precise match, in fact it probably shouldn't be a precise match, but make sure that they're close.

Jay

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I never got along with Office branded shoes. The quality leaves a lot to be desired. I've got some wingtip oxfords from there, which looked battered within just a few weeks. Their leather is just so thin and the soles wear out too quickly.

I haven't worn chelsea boots in a while. I keep meaning to get a pair, but always seem to end up with some variation on the brogue. I'd like a good brown pair, but I'm incredibly fussy on colour when it comes to brown.

+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 Last