FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Oxblood Penny Loafers

I'd like a pair of Oxblood Penny Loafers. I found these in Dune at £85 and I'm close to purchasing. Has anyone seen any other options they feel I should consider?

ACE DM - Formal Penny Loafer | Formal Shoes | Dune

Thanks
    www.twitter.com/electroRoss

Trend Setter
    Nice shoes! Am after a pair as well, as i've mentioned on other threads. Any particular reason why you opted for Dune rather than some Loake or Bass Weejun?

Trend Setter
    I'm drifting from the Loake brand. I have a pair of Oxfords and Brogues and the quality of the leather is poor on the brogues and the Oxfords are painful to walk in, despite being a year old and worn many times.

I'm not sure about the Basses. I like the idea because they are the original penny loafer but they look on the clunky side to me and I guess they're not readily available in Glasgow.

FashionBeans Staff
    Have you tired them on in the dune store yet. My experience with the majority of their loafers is that they are a little bit big on size. I found the nines, which is my size, were slipping off slightly at the heel when I walked. Just a heads up.
    "Style is more character than clothes, more attitude than affluence. It’s you making visible your inner self. So forget what you learned about appearance not counting; you can no longer afford to be without style." - Hara Estroff Morano

Fashionisto

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Allinson View Post
    Have you tired them on in the dune store yet. My experience with the majority of their loafers is that they are a little bit big on size. I found the nines, which is my size, were slipping off slightly at the heel when I walked. Just a heads up.
    Not yet Matt. I'm hoping to make it in on Saturday or Sunday to try them on. I've seen them but I was short of time.

Trend Setter
    I don't own any Loakes yet, so that is good to know. Am tempted by the Weejun's for same reasons you, but would have to try them mail order, which is far from ideal. Am going to try some in Jones's next week, I have heard they come up on the large side too?

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by electroRoss View Post
    I'd like a pair of Oxblood Penny Loafers. I found these in Dune at £85 and I'm close to purchasing. Has anyone seen any other options they feel I should consider?

ACE DM - Formal Penny Loafer | Formal Shoes | Dune

Thanks
    Tried these on. They were really poor quality and very wide fitting. No sale this time and back to looking.

+ Reply to Thread