FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

WInter Boot Choices

Hi all

I am going to treat myself to some new boots as a Christmas present. My current favourites are a pair of Loake Design "Banks" boots- Loake Banks - Brown Derby Brogue Boot -Mens Shoes - Edwards of Manchester

I'm thinking either of these:

UGG® Hannen for Men | Waterproof Leather Work Boots at UGGAustralia.co.uk

or

Fred V

I think the Uggs may a little impractical come spring (I have already made my peace with the fact they are Uggs!) . In the same vein, I think the white soles on the Grensons may become passe quite quickly. Any thoughts or any alternatives?

Trend Setter
    I guess you may be right on the vibram sole becoming passe too quickly, but being at the same pricepoint that the Uggs, you're definitely getting a better quality (and better looking) shoe with the Grensons.

Sam

Style Icon
    When you say the Loakes are your current favourites do you mean that you already own a pair? Because if they're in the runnings they'd certainly be my choice.
    If not, I prefer the Grensons of the two you posted, but if you're looking for a bit of a statement boot, how about something slightly more subtle?
    Grenson | Glenn military bootSome may understandably be wearying of the military boot by now, but that one looks quite cool to me - a dandier take, informed by the heritage trend. One to consider?

I already own the Loakes, sorry.

Basically I want boots that;
    A- I can wear casually or on a night out. &
    B- don't have leather soles so I stand a chance of staying vertical on the snow!

Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks for you help

Sam

Style Icon
    Men

In that case there are some excellent product picks in today's article. Have a gander!

a cheaper alternative to the uggs but still good quality with the vibram sole at only £70 its bargain at urban outfitters withs these for £70!

Jay

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by yukon View Post
    In the same vein, I think the white soles on the Grensons may become passe quite quickly. Any thoughts or any alternatives?
    I agree, the Vibram sole will become passe all too quickly and the one thing you want from boots is longetivty if you are splurging on something the quality of Grenson's.

If it's the vibram sole of the Feed V that is putting you off the Grenson's, then why not simply purchase the Fred C instead. Problem solved.

+ Reply to Thread