FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

Where Can I Get A Good Quality Shoe Tree?

Where do you folks get your shoe tree's from?

I want some good quality ones but not looking to spend a fortune.

Thanks!

Sam

Style Icon
    I suspect that if your shoes are worth maintaining with a shoe tree the maker will sell them - such that they fit the last better perhaps? Or would it make no difference? In any case if it's a high street pair or shoes I wouldn't bother. If they're Loakes I'd try to buy one from Loake.

FashionBeans Staff
    Hey Toe Bag, I had the same problem for quite some time. It's infuriating when asked to pay £250 for some wood to put in a shoe, however they are certainly worth it. I'd agree with Sam that a good maker (normally if an independent store or high end) should have trees available. A cracking independent seller in Edinburgh had some at a decent price.

However my advice and what I have done is: Search the Markets!

My go to for most things to be honest, markets are invaluable for buying on a budget. I found a market flooded with the things in Berlin but then might not see them in others, it's no guarantee.

If you live in London, I'd check out Camden, Brick Lane and Spitalfield (on the day it has the clothes market, Thursday I think). If not there one day, remember that the markets are constantly changing and you might get lucky.

A little Fashionbeans tip: Don't buy coloured trees that have been painted. The paint stops the moisture absorption into the tree.

Evan

Trend Setter

+ Reply to Thread