FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Brogue Boot Or Shoe To Go With...

Hi, I've been looking for some tan or not too dark brown brogues for awhile but just can't decide whether to get boots or shoes. I plan on wearing them with skinny/slim jeans like:

Dr Denim | Dr Denim Snap Skinny Jeans at ASOS

i also have this watch to go with but still need a belt
    Sekonda | Sekonda Brown Leather Watch at ASOS

and maybe some grey/light blue skinnys from either all saints or cheap mondays. (Not sure if light blue would go.)

I'd probably be more inclined to pay more for boots as i think with my current wardrobe i'd possibly get more use out of as it's quite casual atm, consisting of a lot of plain and printed tees, chinos, slim jeans, the odd polo, denim shirt etc. I'm looking at smartening up though as i'm sick of my military boots and t-shirt with cardi' combos. I have quite a muscular frame like the 'V' thing?

However, I'm also on the market for a slim fitting grey suit which I know shoes would be better for and boots probably wont work at all (?) but I wont be using said suit much, if at all, until the summer or September for a wedding. If i get boots now I guess i could get some smarter ones nearer the time.

So yeah, any recommendations on what brogues, be it shoe or boot and how to wear them be it casual/smart casual or with a suit and even any other pieces that would smarten up my wardrobe without being overly smart

You seem to be in a similar position to myself (see my thread which I posted recently).

I'd say that boots would go better with your current clothes but that shoes would give you more of a new look, so personally I'd go for the latter.

Yeah that's pretty much exactly what I was thinking but I can't seem to stop looking at the Hudson Angus brogue boots. I may go to a few stores and see if I can warm to the shoe rather than the boot.

+ Reply to Thread