FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Which of these Brogues should I buy as my first pair?

Ok, Im finally buying my first Brogue and have narrowed it down to either the the Loake Savoy

Loake Savoy - Pediwear Footwear

In Mahogany brown.

Or The Loake Buckingham in Brown

Loake Buckingham - Pediwear Footwear

They are fairly similar, the Savoy is a longer shape though. Not sure if it would sway opinion but Im 5,10" quite a slim chap and I want to wear them for work (with a navy and also my mid grey suit) and on the weekends with skinny jeans and chinos. So I want them to be as versatile as possible.

Thanks for any advice!

Fashionisto
    I think it's a matter of personal choice. I don't much like the colour of the Buckingham (in that photo at least) or the square shape of the toe in the Savoy, but these may be exactly what attract you. Don't forget the fiiting either. These are both F, but I have a wide foot and prefer a G.

May I throw another (G) into the mix:
    http://www.pediwear.co.uk/loake/products/5386.php

I
    like the grain effect - but again this may turn you off. The Dainite sole would be another plus for me, especially in the winter.

In any case, I'm sure they'll be a good buy.

Fashionisto
    Definitely the Savoy, like @Gnasher I'm not a fan of the Buckingham as I don't think it's a versatile shade. I could see the Savoy paired with skinny jeans in the weekends but not the Buckingham. Since you're purchasing your first pair of vogues you should seriously consider which shoe you'd get the most use out of.

Thanks for the help, Ive ordered the Savoys and my first pair of Shoe trees too!

+ Reply to Thread