FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Good Quality Reasonably Priced Shoes

Hi guys!

I'm looking for a good quality pair of black brogues or monk straps. I'm more than aware that quality is important with shoes however I can't afford to be paying hundreds for a pair at the minute (to my dismay). Has anyone had any luck with a sub 100 pair of shoes that won't fall apart within a few months?

Any advice much appreciated.

Cheers

Fashionisto
    I would recommend brogues by Penguin, I have had a pair for two years and they are lasting pretty good (real leather uppers) although the rim of the soles scuff a little but that adds character. You should be able to get them under your budget, just for reference I had that Baxter in Black and another pair in chocolate brown - not sure if they do the same colours now though.

Mens Shoes. Boat Shoes, Brogues & Loafers for Men from Penguin

I found Penguin footwear pretty good too. Especially if you managed to find a nice pare online it can be a deal. But it is necessary to be pretty careful when shopping online...reviews and complaints can help!!!
    http://www.pissedconsumer.com/browse-reviews/footwear-and-clothing.html

Fashionisto
    Yoox always have an amazing sale, you can cop some fantastic footwear at ridiculous prices. I managed to purchase a pair of Paul Smith York boots at 75 (RRP 220). There are a lot of designer/brands you might not have heard of, but for the offer price, it's definitely worth the punt if the style of the shoe suits your taste.

In the brogues department, I've always preferred to spend more as I see those types of footwear as investments. You won't regret paying that bit more for them, especially a goodyear welted brogue with a quality leather upper.

Thanks for all the replies gents. Still can't find exactly what I'm looking for so going to keep my eye out for sales and things, perhaps by then my budget will have grown too. For some reason I have my heart set on some Loake Brogue Boots now :-)

Fashionisto
    Loake, Churches, Grensons, Trickers, there are so many good shoe makers and the difference in quality between say a pre 100 to one of these is immense. Buy them! You won't regret your purchase!

Fashionisto
    Ahem... https://www.tkmaxx.com/search?q=loake&categories=shop

E
    dit: Actually I just realised there aren't any black brogues there. Still, pretty good deals!

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernSoul View Post
    Loake, Churches, Grensons, Trickers, there are so many good shoe makers and the difference in quality between say a pre 100 to one of these is immense. Buy them! You won't regret your purchase!
    You can Barkers to the list too. And I agree - a pair of Loakes, which at about 150 are decent value, will be good shoes that last. Alternatively, try and find some in end of season sales reduced but with shoes quality really counts.

+ Reply to Thread