FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

First brouges

Hi guys,

I'm trying to buy a pair of brogues that I can wear casually and possibly to work (smart casual)
    I'd like something in tan or brown. I'm thinking of these next ones
    Buy Oxford Brogue from the Next UK online shop

They do look fairly pointy, which maybe gives them a more formal feel? What do you think? But I am looking for something that's slim and not the classic bulky type.

Thanks

Edit: I can't edit the title to correct my type, doh
    Last edited by mcninja; 11-09-2013 at 11:21 PM.

Trend Setter
    A bit pointy, yes. Asos have a nice looking pair in the same price range, that I think look better.
    ASOS | ASOS Brogue Shoes in Leather at ASOS

But if your budget can take it, I'd suggest trying to get something a bit more expensive. 50 for leather shoes should raise questions about the quality. That said, I've found the Asos shoes I have to be (for that price) quite all right. And, for a first pair of brogues, you might not want to shell out a fortune only to find the style wasn't for you in the end. But I digress.

Fashionisto
    I'm also looking at buying a pair and think these from next are much nicer for the extra 2

Buy Tan Brogue Derby from the Next UK online shop

Fashionisto
    I've just bought my first pair and went for these Dune Braker ones. Bit lighter in colour then the picture shows though but very nice.
    http://www.dune.co.uk/braker-brogue-lace-up-oxford-shoe-0272506380003083/

G
    ot mine from Amazon for 43 (Using the 10% off sign up to clothing email voucher). One pair of size 10's left at this price.
    Dune Men's Braker Lace Up: Amazon.co.uk: Shoes & Bags

Trend Setter
    How would you guys rate the quality of Grenson brogues compared to more expensive brands? I love the look of their tan ones, but was thinking if I'm gonna pay over 200 for a pair then it's worth paying 300 if the difference is huge between say them and Church's. What's people's experience on this?

+ Reply to Thread