FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

FashionBeans Staff

The Evening Slipper

I had an email from Fins the other day, and got some lovely loafers. I've seen this style of shoe appear in a few places i've been browsing lately, what's your thoughts on the evening slipper?

Burgundy Brushed Velvet Drummond Evening Slipper, Shoedrobe Essentials, Shop for Shoes, Sale, Evening, Fin's
    "Lifes too short to blend in..." - Owner of Brighterman Accessories

Check out my articles for Fashion Beans - In my spare time I try to live a lifestyle I normally can't afford

Jay

Style Icon
    It's just a stupid looking loafer to these eyes. I can see them being worn for formal evening occasions (and am assuming this is the intended occasion for wearing them), but a simple black lace up oxford shoe looks a trillion times better for a black tie event.

FashionBeans Staff
    I'm not a fan of the shoe style either. I've seen a few people wear them too and that didn't change my mind.
    "Lifes too short to blend in..." - Owner of Brighterman Accessories

Check out my articles for Fashion Beans - In my spare time I try to live a lifestyle I normally can't afford

Fashionisto
    nahhh don't like that at all..

Trend Setter
    I actually like them, but I don't think they are easy to pull off, you can go really wrong if you're not careful.

Trend Setter
    I like them, not sure about wearing them in the winter though...

Sam

Style Icon
    Mr Porter said something to the effect of "Go to a dinner party in black loafers, unless you know the host well enough to wear velvet slippers." I'd go with that; they're a casual sort of evening wear. I think if you do know said host well enough, and you inhabit the shoes with confidence, there's probably a lot of dandyish cool to be had from them. But they're an easy minefield and I'd be wary of wearing them outside my own home.

Link doesn't work for me but I'm a lover of slipper-style loafers. I have these ones from Viv.

I can see how this shoe style would not appeal to the classic dresser- they are quite flamboyant.

Can anyone link me to the shoes in question?

+ Reply to Thread