FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Fashionisto

Help! Black Shoes/Boots Dilemma & Suggestions

Hi,

Great to see the forum has landed as an avid reader of the fashion beans site I hope to be taking part in the community now.

Right, so i have a footwear dilemma, I want to get a pair of dark shoes to compliment the 2 pairs of dark jeans that I wear often. One pair is very dark indigo the other pair is black. I would also like to be able to wear them with formal trousers too!

Here's my critieria:

Budget: up to £100

Colour: Black ( can have flashes of other colour too, maybe white or brown on the sole)

Material: Never liked mega shiny black leather and I'm going for something that has less formal feel, so suede or matt leather would be ideal.

I have lots of suede shoes which I really like but they do get knackered pretty quite so a matt coloured black leather would be a bonus.

Smart but not ultra formal is what im going for, my usual style is kid of rockish, slim sillouette but no torn up shit or printed t's.

Suggestions please?

Jay

Style Icon
    How about these from Asos? They'd work for all occasions, aren't too shiny and have the coolest sole, and they're a snip at £60.

ASOS | ASOS Multicolour Sole Brogues at ASOS

Sam

Style Icon
    I think the perfect pair landed on Topman just today!

£
    100, Marc Hare for Topman's rock and roll AAA collection. Click the picture for a link through to the page (I'm proud of that )
    Back zipped suede/leather Chelsea style boots.
    I love those! I was going to buy them when they landed but I can't afford them. So that's an option I like. The toecap, which is the easy to knacker bit, is sturdy leather, whereas the heel and ankle, which are tougher to rough up, are suede. As long as you take the proper precautions they should last a while.
    Also; that's just water you can see on the toe in the picture, not some gaudy design detail

If you don't buy those then I do still think Chelsea boots are a good option.

Edit: A clearer picture reveals that that's canvas, not suede, and that they're a more greyish tone. Suddenly they don't look quite as cool.
    Last edited by Sam; 05-11-2011 at 08:08 PM.

Jay

Style Icon
    Chelsea boots with a zip? That's heresy, that is. I need a stiff drink after seeing those.

Trend Setter
    I would go for brown/tan personally, but here are some black ones from Hudson for almost half price...

http://www.asos.com/H-By-Hudson/H-By...t=-1&clr=Black
    or some hudson boots

http://www.asos.com/H-By-Hudson/H-By...t=-1&clr=Black
    Last edited by Tone; 03-11-2011 at 09:55 PM.

Sam

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Chelsea boots with a zip? That's heresy, that is. I need a stiff drink after seeing those.
    I don't mind the zip personally - I see a lot of cowboy style boots that zip up the sides. I guess these ones just have a whiff of punk rock about them. Or country and western!
    A bit like this jacket, which I thought was really cool for maybe five seconds! But I do like a bit of punk about things so I can live with a zipper here or there. I like heritage but I'm not a classicist.
    But mostly because the thread starter said his style was "a bit rockish" I though these were just the job!

Fashionisto
    Actually quite digging this pair of campers for something a bit different

Or perhaps these ones

For a look a bit like this:

Fashionisto
    or maybe even these, (I know theyre not black)

Fashionisto
    these are well nice.

too much though sadly

Sam

Style Icon
    I have a pair a lot like the first one you posted; they cost me six quid in the river island sale last January and are still in good condition after use and abuse, so I wouldn't hesitate to pick a pair like that up on the cheap.
    The last pair though, I like a lot. If your cash limit isn't absolute then don't hesitate to splash out the extra. PSJ stands for Paul Smith Jeans, right? Sound investment.

+ Reply to Thread