FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2 3 4 ... Last
    Jay

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterShorts View Post
    Get these: Sharp Boots, Leather Boots, Grenson Boots, Men's Boots, Handmade Shoes.

They are similar to the Paul Smith's you want, but boots. Boot are cool because you can wear your trousers over them and they can fill in for shoes, but when people notice they are boots it adds a 19th century punk edge.
    I have a pair of Grenson boots already (I even mentioned that in this thread :P).

Trend Setter
    Oh, I am sorry for the bad suggestion then! They are nice ones though, I am considering getting those. I would get the Paul Smith shoes then, red is the ultimate colour for a shoe.

Jay

Style Icon
    That's cool and, out of all the brogue boots in the world, you recommended one of the best in my opinion. The pair I have are very similar and I absolutely adore them and wear them more than anything and would recommend them to anyone after brogue boots:

FashionBeans Staff
    I would spend the extra and get the Paul Smith ones, the colour is really nice and the shape nice. I'm eyeing up some high shine, oxblood tassled penny loafers, it's definitely an underrated colour that can be extremely versatile. Once my Hudson Brogue boots have been re - heeled and soled once more and I've worn them through again I'll be upgrading to some Grensons.

Fashionisto
    I found these brogues, they are similar to the ones that you are looking at and with the 25% discount offered my fashionbean you could get yourself a cheap pair of Grensons.

Grenson | Oxblood Brogued Stanley Shoes by Grenson

Trend Setter
    Those are very nice. I would get them, but I never buy shoes online, I have to get a feel for them in person.

Trend Setter
    Go for the Paul Smith ones! They are gorgeous and cheaper than the church ones at least.

Trend Setter
    Just in case you were still deciding, Porter's have 20% everything over next 4 days, just enter code november20.

Jay

Style Icon
    I ended up with these:

Not what I was intending to buy, but the other Paul Smith brogues I wanted didn't look as great as the photos whereas these look simply awesome. I wasn't wanting tan, but to me these are only tan in name and I really like the reddish hue to them.

and with 20% off, I saved ofter fifty notes. Result.

Sam

Style Icon
    Result indeed! They're really nice. Not exactly the high shine oxblood you were after originally after though eh?
    What do you guys think of brogued Chelsea boots? I'm looking for a tan pair of Chelseas, and some brogued Kurt Geigers are all I can turn up for less than £100 - although I should probably save up a little bit and just get the Loakes I'm after, all that considered.

+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2 3 4 ... Last