FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Cheap Men's Footwear for Approx £20

Hey all,

While I was out and about today I was surprised to see that alongside plimsolls, a lot of different varieties of shoes have come into the £20-30 price bracket, including black laced up shoes and boots.

Now being a broke ass student, I started taking a good hard look at these items. The going rate for boots is £60, at least. So with these being this cheap, I could easily cover all my main bases (black, tan, oxblood etc.)

I know a £30 pair of boots will probably only last you for a year, and a £300 pair will last you for a lifetime. But apart from the longevity, are there any other reasons why I should avoid these types of footwear?

In case you're interested, I saw loads in Primani (obviously lol), but also Barratts had a sale on, as well as the standard fare in the back of H&M.

There`s only one problem. Shoes that are so cheap also tend to look cheap, as if they just came out of the door of a Chinese factory using child labour. Besides, it`s more than likely there are a lot of people around wearing the very same models as you.

Sam

Style Icon
    Yeah, you can't get away from the look of them - but if you polish them religiously they will look much, much, much better. It is amazing how much better cheap shoes look when people just do this. As a sixth former, I know - I see an alarming amount of cheap, poorly maintained shoes!
    The other thing you should consider is buying cheap shoes that are cheap because they've been heavily marked down, not because they were made cheaply. There's lots on the Asos clearance sale, Allsaints usually have massive knockdowns before Christmas, and January is just around the corner.

+ Reply to Thread