FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

What Footwear Goes With Smart Grey Trousers & A Shirt?

What footwear goes with smart, grey trousers and a shirt ?
    Also, im not entirely sure on what shirt to get.
    Last edited by fashion1; 03-12-2011 at 05:12 PM.

Sam

Style Icon
    Welcome to the forum!
    This is an incredibly open question.
    But I would suggest that a nice, well polished pair of brown brogues, oxfords or derbies will be infallible. Add a near-matching belt and you'll be set. Shirt-wise, white, pale blue and pink should be a man's standbys - any will work here because grey is very very versatile. Do you need to wear a tie?
    Also, in an outfit like this, the fit of your clothes need to be perfect. Don't rule out seeing a tailor for a few valuable tweaks.

Thank you.
    Going to be wearing a burgundy shirt as well. And was thinking of a kind of dark grey shoe ?
    Should I look for any accessories to try and tie in this look ?

Sam

Style Icon
    A burgundy shirt will look great!
    I'd still suggest brown shoes (and belt). They definitely go. If it's a smart-casual (rather than smart) look you may even consider tan for your belt and shoes, which I think compliments burgundy no end.
    Accessory wise... I've already mentioned that a belt to match your shoes would work, but if you do end up going with dark grey shoes, which I'm not a fan of but which can work, I would skip the belt altogether. A watch is always a nice move, and a leather strap, again matching your shoes to some degree, is a classy choice.
    It's getting cold - are you planning to wear a jacket with this? Because accessories like a scarf and gloves won't work without one.

Burgundy shirt, Brown shoes (what type?) Brown belt and grey trousers? That good look?
    If not burgundy, what colour of shirt would you recommend ? Still keeping the grey trousers.
    Wont be wearing a jacket, will be braving the cold.

Jay

Style Icon
    With a burgundy shirt, I'd definitely go for a dark brown or even an oxblood smart shoe (in whatever style you prefer). Something like these perhaps?

Trend Setter
    Which shade of grey are the trousers? It makes quite a difference if they are light or dark.
    Last edited by rubyblue; 06-12-2011 at 01:32 AM. Reason: Grammar

Black shoes definitely.

Sam

Style Icon
    ^Black shoes won't make you into a handsome model with perfectly fitted clothes though.
    I think I'd still prefer tan or brown with that look personally, although black is certainly an option; it can look very stuffy though, I'd opt for brown every time if you're not sure of your suave, confident charm!

Brown shoes will make the best combination with a Burgundy shirt. I not sure otherwise.

+ Reply to Thread