FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Unhappy Moccasin Issue

Really annoyed.

So I bought those brown suede moccasins from Zara earlier in the month in a 9 but they are just slightly too big (sockless or invisible socks) as slip. Don't fall off just slip on the heel.
    I wanted it so in autumn I could wear them with socks but even with them they are an not 'snug'.

The 8's on the other hand were scraping my heel and couldn't fit them on when wearing a sock. Maybe I should have seen if the 8's would stretch.

An 8.5 would be perfect.

Very frustrating as haven't found any as nice at that price range and now have no summer shoes!!!

Is 'slipping' just something I should cope with for slip-on's or should I demand the perfect fit?

EDIT: Screw it. I like them too much - I'm keeping the 9's and might buy some thicker invisible socks or a heel support. I have these socks http://www.eBay.co.uk/itm/3-PAIRS-ME...8#ht_500wt_969 and they are ridiculously thin
    Last edited by K9MT; 10-04-2012 at 05:50 PM.

FashionBeans Staff
    could be worth trying in an in sole or something? they might make them a slightly tighter fit by pushing your foot closer to the top. I would be surprised if the 8s stretched enough, especially in a more structured shoe such as those. There will always be a certain amount of slip with slip on shoes either way, they just aren't as secure as laces.

Style Icon
    If you get some Falke invisible socks off ASOS, they have a little silicone heel grip to keep the sock on which might be just enough to stop the heel of the shoe slipping as well.

Jay

Style Icon
    I have the Falke invisible socks and that heel grip is useless. I'm afraid buying more invisi-socks is unlikely to help as they are all very thin. Will's suggestion is worth a shot and likely the only thing that will make a difference.

Style Icon
    Have you considered an inner sole? It's what I use if my shoes are slightly too big and works a treat.

EDIT: silly computer issues, didn't see the other (more helpful) comments!

Trend Setter
    Thanks for the suggestions.
    Haven't worn an inner ever since I was kid, forgot all about them. Will try and find a pair.
    Thanks for the advice of the Falke socks Jay, saved some money there.

Trend Setter
    Went out and bought these from Timpson - They now fit perfectly. Suede Heel Grips. Heel Cushions & Heel Grips Shoe Accessories by Timpson

Can't recommend them highly enough; especially for 3!

+ Reply to Thread