FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Go With Anything Trainers?

Hey, I am in desperate need of some new trainers quickly.

I am easily distracted by crazy colours and mid-tops, high-tops and all sorts of rubbish - my last two pairs were Blue Puma Alex McQueen mid-tops and yellow and blue Onitsuka Tigers... completely ridiculous choices as they subsequently didn't really go with many outfits!

So I am just looking for something normal that I can wear to the pub, nightclub, shops, take the missus out, occasionally to work even? Almost every day every situation trainers that will go with whatever I decide to wear above them!

Guessing white or like steely/grey worn kind of colours?

Can anyone recommend some for me?

Trend Setter
    I think Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Lo Tops are pretty versatile, although they may stretch the definition of a trainer a little bit. By that, I mean that I wouldn't run a marathon in them.

The pros are that the price is good, they are stylish, and they do go with almost anything if you get them in grey or white.

The cons are they are not the most comfortable (the sides are thin canvas) and I don't see mine lasting past two years with the amount of walking I do. So if you have the budget, you might want to try something a little more upscale!

I agree to an extent with the Converse recommendation
    Theyre fairly versatile, although in my opinion they never really look 'smart', as some leather trainers can

I bought a pair of customizable Chuck Taylor's online and chose the canvas option (in retrospect I wish I went for the 'leather' version)

Am reasonably happy with them but the one thing that irks me about Converse is that the only colour choice available for the visible side sole of your trainers is either black or white, that and the fact that almost everybody seems to be wearing them right now

Am thinking of investing in a pair of 'Campers' myself, soon

They dont all have white soles as 90% of Converse seem to, will also last a lot longer than most Converse trainers and on top of this they come with a standard 2 year guarantee

Camper Pelotas 17408-061 Shoe Men
    Last edited by julian; 26-08-2012 at 04:00 PM.

Fashionisto
    I drift between Vans Authentic and Cons.

At the moment my go to shoes are black vans, but i also have them in port and red. The black I find goes with almost everything.

I second the grey Cons, I also have a pair of Jack Purcell's in white which Ive been happy with, but get the leather ones. Nice option as the Chucks are very common in comparison. Im a Converse loyalist to the end though.

Trend Setter
    Converse Jack Purcell in Leather (it's recommended in a lot of looks on the site). Just keep them clean, because they are worth it.

Fashionisto
    I should also suggest, if you're not into Converse then you could always opt for a simple white pair of Lacoste trainers. I have a pair that I get quite a bit of use out of.

+ Reply to Thread