FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

Inspiration With Red Converse Chucks Needed!

Hi all, I’m looking for some inspiration with a pair of red converse chucks (Lo) in my cupboard. They have been sitting there getting no use as I need some ideas as to how to wear them without looking like a circus clown. I’m also finding myself putting them on at times and feeling like they look a bit try hard for a 35+ year old. Should I give up on them or are there some ways I can wear them that add some style and character to an outfit? I’m sure there are some options, but I’ve hit a brick wall and need some outside ideas and opinions to consider.

Trend Setter

Grey skinny jeans are the key here

J8x

Trend Setter
    I would wear with muted tones, with maybe a splash of colour, being careful to avoid other red clothing at all costs. Also keep it casual, I've seen all too many people try and dress up red cons and it looks really bad.

Fashionisto
    Thanks for the advice guys and also thanks for the article link (apologies for missing this before posting), very helpful. I'm a visual guy so having the lookbook to check out was handy. I have a few ideas I'll try out this weekend now.

Fashionisto
    How about pairing your red Converse with some of these outfits?

Fashionisto
    Thanks CentralParkMan. I've had good wear out of my Red Converse this summer thanks to the tips above. I've been wearing them sockless, with camel or navy coloured cotton twill shorts and grey or white crew and v-neck t-shirts. I've found that as J8x suggested, if you wear them with muted tones they really bring an outfit to life and don't look like a clown or wannabe teenager. Once the weather cools down I will definitely give them a try with a pair of chino's and my indigo jeans. Being a dad with a toddler and spending a lot of time in the park I find them a great option to look appropriately dressed and not having to worry about ruining or scuffing a good pair of leather/suede shoes or boots!

Fashionisto
    @Mattyg No worries, I'm glad I could help. You're right Converse are a great choice for busy dads, all that matters is how you style them and it seems like you're on the right track!

+ Reply to Thread