FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Stan Smith confusion

Hello,

Recently I went to a shop dead set on coming home with a pair of Stan Smiths, however, apparently I didn't do my homework properly. At the store I found two different styles and no one there could tell me the difference. The first was completely white and had a but if a thicker tongue, whereas the other one seemed to be of a different shade at the sole compared to the rest of the body and had a seemingly thinner tongue (as if it had no padding). I will try to find some pictures in case what I'm trying to explain is not clear.

What I would want to know, what are the differences between these shoes and which would you recommend?

Thanks in advance.

There's been many re-issues of the Stan Smith, so simply buy on personal preference. The white ones will likely be the more classic ones with the different shade being called the 'neo white' ones which are more grey than anything.

I personally prefer the ones with the offwhite soles. They give more of a vintage and classic look to your outfit, the white look too much like sports shoes to me, especially if they're paired with a nice pair of chinos of slacks. Although I have seen the all white look great on some people on tumblr etc, completely down to personal preference.

+ Reply to Thread