FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Trend Setter

Adidas Pure Boost 2.0

Was thinking of picking up a pair for general wear and a bit of gym use (weights/a bit of running). From what I've read about them they seem a bit more functional for running and gym wear than alternatives I was considering like Roshes and Flyknits. Has anyone had any experience with them? Cheers.

Des

Style Icon
    There isn't enough stability or support there for anything serious. Not even sure I'd use them for weights either as I'd prefer a more solid base.
    If you want functional Boost maybe go for the ultra or energy but they don't look as good down the pub

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Des View Post
    There isn't enough stability or support there for anything serious. Not even sure I'd use them for weights either as I'd prefer a more solid base.
    If you want functional Boost maybe go for the ultra or energy but they don't look as good down the pub
    It seems impossible to find a decent all round trainer that also looks good. Am now flirting with the idea of the Flyknit Lunar's, and probably using my Converse for leg day. Thanks for your input though mate!

Trend Setter
    I would echo the above. While I love the Pureboost I wouldn't recommend them for the gym, the base is too spongy for weight lifting. As for the others you mentioned, again, I wouldn't recommend Flyknit racer for the gym. While they are actually a very decent racing shoe and have a low drop there is not enough lateral support or a wide enough sole for lifting. Flyknit lunar again is too spongy for my liking for lifting. As a running shoe the Flyknit Lunar 3 is the best (I have run in the racers and lunars). I would probably opt for a second flat soled shoe for lifting. The only hybrid that I can think of is that can actually be used for both (not just short distance sprinting/training) is Flyknit Free 4.0 or Freerun 3.0. They are running shoes but their sole is slim enough to also be an ok lifting shoe. The 5.0s are too unstable.

Trend Setter
    Whoops; wrong post!
    Last edited by Benvolio; 19-03-2015 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Wrong post

Trend Setter
    @Happydayz thanks, I appreciate the info. I'll give the Free's a look over, think my attempt to find a trainer that'll be good for both gym and a bit of running is going to be harder than I first thought. Thanks again!

If you only want to run about 5k or even less take a look at the Nike MetCon, Reebok Nano, New Balance Minum or Inov8 F-Lite. They're designed for Crossfit which involes some running, lifting and gymnastics also some of them look quite decent.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by ncolt View Post
    If you only want to run about 5k or even less take a look at the Nike MetCon, Reebok Nano, New Balance Minum or Inov8 F-Lite. They're designed for Crossfit which involes some running, lifting and gymnastics also some of them look quite decent.
    Thanks, I'll look into those. Did some research into some of Happydayz recommendations and decided on these. Not as nice looking as the Roshes or Flyknits but for gym and a bit of running they're apparently very good (thanks again for the recommendation Happydayz!)

Trend Setter
    Happy to have helped, the Free Trainer 3.0 are a good choice.

ICA

Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    Thanks, I'll look into those. Did some research into some of Happydayz recommendations and decided on these. Not as nice looking as the Roshes or Flyknits but for gym and a bit of running they're apparently very good (thanks again for the recommendation Happydayz!)

Those are sick!

+ Reply to Thread