FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin Money View Post
    Go for something that will make a statement and give you something extra
    <SNIP>
    I'm admittedly a bit conservative when it comes to trainers, but please consider staying clear of anything neon coloured.

This may sound a bit harsh, but: Neon is not a statement, it's a colour you can't miss. Just like road worker vests. It's simple attention seeking. If attention is what you want, just wear a red nose and an orange wig.

I did like the other examples, though I tend to go for one coloured trainers. They're easier to match.

You may now ignore my old fart comments.
    Last edited by MarcLager; 26-02-2013 at 09:22 AM.

Ha, each to their own. Those trainers aren't even really a statement in my eyes. They are just a cool pair of trainers.

These are my statement trainers:

But even then it's not about shouting "look at me"

I just appreciate the design, I think the colour is amazing, it's just something completely out of the ordinary. A trainer like this is a cultural icon, it's like art you can wear. I appreciate not everyone can appreciate or pull them off, but they always get a lot of compliments

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin Money View Post
    I just appreciate the design, I think the colour is amazing, it's just something completely out of the ordinary. A trainer like this is a cultural icon, it's like art you can wear.
    I absolutely see what you mean, and I understand the appeal - and that is a nice colour. But they're definitely not for me. They're not my style to begin with, and at almost 33, I'd simply look daft wearing them.

+ Reply to Thread