FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Shoe Investment

Hey Guys, Looking into buying a new pair of shoes as i don't have any trainer/sneakers types. I currently own Timberland boat shoes and Timberland Chukkas but would prefer a more casual pair. I've been looking at Nike running shoes and quite like them but was wondering if i would be buying into running shoe trend too late. I was also considering a pair of converse as i like the simplicity but was wondering how long the white sole would look good for before getting dirty. I don't like chunky shoes either!

These are a couple that i like:

Des

Style Icon
    Converse are a shoe you shouldn't worry about. Just wear with anything and the grubbier the better, especially if people aren't used to seeing you in trainers.
    Wouldn't worry too much about trends either. They're not for everyone but running shoes will be around for a good while just like any other type.

Ps I have the black Free OG and they're a seriously comfy shoe. Make sure you get the right size as the little mesh bit at the heel can look weird if size is off.

Just tried on some OG's in town and they are some of the most comfy shoes i've ever put on! Tried some converse as well and they fit me well.. might have to get both haha!

J8x

Trend Setter
    Those Cross Stitch Jack Purcell's look really nice, I'd say if you like both of those styles then you should probably buy both cause they could be worn for different purposes. Once the Cons get a bit dirty it'll all add to the effect but if you don't like that then they're easy enough to clean. With the running shoe trend, it's bound to stick around for quite a while, if not becoming a staple.

Running shoes done been a staple tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Condor Aasllani View Post
    Running shoes done been a staple tbh
    Could you explain please?

J8x

Trend Setter
    He means they're already a wardrobe staple, to which, after a bit of thought, I agree they are for the vast majority.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTincknell View Post
    Could you explain please?
    Running shoes are already a staple

Forgive my absurd syntax

Quote Originally Posted by J8x View Post
    He means they're already a wardrobe staple, to which, after a bit of thought, I agree they are for the vast majority.
    Yeah, Nike running shoes have been staple casual wear for lots of people for what, 3-4 decades?

Definitely a sound investment.

If they do go out of style, you can just use them for running.

Des

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Condor Aasllani View Post
    If they do go out of style, you can just use them for running.
    Use them for what?

Tbf, its only the proper running shoes that more recently made a resurgence in to casual wear i.e. The ones that you could never wear with jeans to a pub.
    The type that Nike would call 'Off the Track' have always been around.

+ Reply to Thread