FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

Nike blazers

Urgently need a new pair of trainers before I go away, going to town tomorrow, so hopefully I can get some views in in time...
    Nike Blazers seem to be right on trend right now, and I quite like the look of them as a mid or hi top with skinny jeans etc. I think they have a bit of edgy cool about them... HOWEVER I'm not after an urban or rapper-style look...
    And, most of the time I'll be wearing shorts.

Do you think kicks like these (http://www.schuh.co.uk/images/produc...35050_main.jpg) will go with shorts (mainly the pretty fitted chino sorts, rolledd up above the knee etc. etc.), without looking like this : (http://images.freshnessmag.com/wp-co...r-Tier-0-4.jpg)

Would they need to be low tops to wear with shorts? That kills all the cool in my opinion...

Cheeers boys...

J8x

Trend Setter
    Not a massive fan of Blazers any more but they can definitely be smartened up as they're not too flashy and the shape lends well to it. I see people wearing high tops with shorts all the time, it can look good but equally it can look really bad. I think having read this site and forum you'll be able to style them well. If that sort of shoe is what you're after I think Blazers are your best bet.

Fashionisto
    Cheers mate! Still a bit of a beginner but this site definitely helps. Can put together outfits in my head well, and can spot what is stylish and what is not from a mile off on other people and pics but still trying to get it right when thinking of myself!

Fashionisto
    What about some hi top Converse?

Infinitely better than Blazers in my opinion.

Trend Setter
    Adidas Gazelles or New Balance 410 are much more attractive, versatile and unique. If you look that look.

Fashionisto
    thanks for the responses guys,

I've lived in hi top cons since I was 15 (7 years) and fancies a change! After much deliberation, I opted for these low top blazers :
    Nike Blazer Low (Dark Atomic Teal / Strata Grey) | Oi Polloi

They're quite "out there" for me. More I see them, more I like them, to be honest & I know it's my decision but hope this forum approves!

Having said that - any pair of trainers is going to split opinion on here... Only thing for consensus appears to be loafers & brogues!!!!

J8x

Trend Setter
    Good colour choice. Should be pretty versatile, lows are easier to pair with shorts etc. than hightops.

Bit late, but you shoulda gone for the highs imo - not so good with shorts, but a better investment in general

+ Reply to Thread