FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Brands that run large? Help...

Hi all,

This is my first post on the forum. I am 6'5" and should wear size 13uk but I squeeeze into size 12's that run large, unless at the gym/work.

Does anyone know of any brands that tend to run large? I've tried loads via asos (where I buy most of my clothes) but the only ones I have found that are reasonable are Fred Perry - reasonable being the KEY word. Anyone aware of any more? Because of the huge size I don't want anything chunky, just looking for plimsole type trainers, leather, canvas etc.

Anyone tried Paul Smith? Also tried Converse in 12Uk (they do 13 but refuse to wear them as they look ridiculous).

I understand I am pretty f%#king fussy considering... But any help would be v much appreciated. Open to any suggestions.

Cheers,
    Alex

Fashionisto
    Hi Alex, I hope this helps in some way, but I have a pair of Converse which are UK9 and Paul Smith Osmo trainers which are a UK7.

Though 12-UK fit you but it must not be giving you that comfortability which 13-UK gives!! There must be some brands which give you the large size. Just ask it in some nice store!

J8x

Trend Setter
    Most obvious one is Vans. Puma also fit half to one size up in quite a few styles too, Suedes and Basket Classics etc.

I think it just depends on the shoe, my last two pairs have been 11's when im solid 12's normally.
    Adidas are pretty normal, so is new balance, my nike air max's are a perfect fit but my nike skateboarding shoes were larger than a normal 12, ralph lauren are pretty big too.
    It's best to try lots of styles on in store or buy from somewhere thats got a very good returns policy.

Thread Resurrection! So, I've tried a few brands of trainers and still not in a great position. One positive though - Common Projects run pretty big so I've got a pair of those. Only problem is they are 270 on average which is a bit out of my budget for trainers. 150 would be ideal. I got a pair of Poste trainers very similar to my common projects ones and they fit really well but the style is just too chunky (beggars can't be choosers I know).

Anyone had any more experience with brands that run large?

Fashionisto
    Red Wings run huge.

J8x

Trend Setter
    By the sounds of it you like a minimal kinda style. Superga fit between half to a full size up, should be able to get 12s or 12.5s in a few places if they take your fancy.

Quote Originally Posted by J8x View Post
    By the sounds of it you like a minimal kinda style. Superga fit between half to a full size up, should be able to get 12s or 12.5s in a few places if they take your fancy.
    Brilliant, I've ordered a couple pairs so see how I get on. Thanks for that mate..

Fashionisto
    Keep an eye on their own outlet too - you can grab a couple of pairs for no money when there's something worth having in there.

Agreed on Common Projects running a little on the large side.
    @eph89

+ Reply to Thread