FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Opinions on these?

During the summer I wore mainly a pair of Lacoste white hi-tops, but they're too light for winter. Only winter trainers I have are plain black Boss ones, which only really go with jeans and look a little smart or some Cruyffs, which are too shiny & therefore barely worn. Was thinking of going down the Adidas route as they're relatively cheap and seem to offer something different to other brands. What do people think of these two pairs?

http://www.mainlinemenswear.co.uk/product.php?xProd=49634

http://www.mainlinemenswear.co.uk/pr...=47846&xSec=84

Typically I only really wear them with jeans or shorts. Just want something comfortable to wear to work or maybe to football at weekends. If I go somewhere nicer I tend to wear shoes instead.

I`ve got a pair of normal Gazelles, they look fantastic but are possibly the most uncomfortable trainers I`ve ever had, to low in the collar & tight round the heel. They cane my feet, even when driving, never mind walking.
    I`ve also got a pair of Samba, possibly the most comfortable trainers I`ve ever had & they have a very similar look to the gazelles you`ve been looking at.
    I`ve also got a pair of Samba Supa as well, bit harsh under the heels when walking round town for a long period but alright for cutting about in, but the fit is excellent & they look fantastic.
    Check out the Adidas website, some nice shoes on there.

MrC

I think adidas stuff is great looks wise but I also had a pair of grey sambas that I wore about twice as they were extremely uncomfortable and completely lost their shape after the first wear. Personally I would go for a pair of nikes as they look better and are a lot more comfortable and hard wearing. AirMax 90 hyper fuse or something like that.

Looks like I'm late to the discussion.

Personally, I don't like the silhouette of the shoe from the side view. However, I love the translucent midsole and how the stripes are still visible through it. The leather tongue is a dope compliment to the suede body. Really, my only issue is the silhouette and unfortunately that is one of the biggest reasons for me to buy (or pass) on a shoe.

Seems like the links are not operational anymore. I hope you got your answer.
    Working at M. Kenny's Fashions - Bespoke Tailors

+ Reply to Thread