FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

Replacing an old friend

Not even that old, but past it...

I bought a pair of bottle green low top Nike Blazers before the summer, they were surprisingly versatile, and they sound pretty awful by description but they just worked. Served me well but they're exhausted now and time to be laid to rest.
    I'm a post-grad & 23, so trying to dress slightly more mature than your average student, but I did wear them mainly for uni with skinny jeans, v-neck teeshirt with an oversized knit chucked on. [I know trainers are generally younger. I do have desert boots & brogue boots but I like to keep trainers in the cycle too.]

I'm in the market for a replacement and looking for recommendations?
    Looking for something that will be able to handle winter to an extent, and even better if they can still last me through a couple of months traveling through the summer
    But something that's not too O.T.T. I don't like being a stand out guy. I just want my looks to seem put-together and work more effortlessly and less obviously try hard.
    I can't afford Common Projects or even close.

Do we like the Air Max 1 band wagon?

Was thinking the Blazers below?

The fashionbeans forum's collective unrivaled insight is welcome...

J8x

Trend Setter
    Do you want to blend in or stand out? If you want to blend in then maybe check out Nike Pegasus, there's a few different styles, ranging from the 87 retros to more modern takes so you should be able to find some that you like, if you want to stand out a bit more maybe look to lesser worn brands that are still on trend at the moment, the likes of your Asics or Onitsuka Tigers.

Nike Airs are a good option depending on the style in which you dress. They only really work properly if you dress with a street wear edge and can look clumpy depending on the fit of your jeans and shoe size.

My personal preference are low profile skate shoes like Nike SB Koston 1s or Converse KA IIs, versatile, comfortable and durable. Have a check around the likes of Size and Flatspot and I'm sure you can find something to your tastes.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Acoustic1 View Post
    Not even that old, but past it...

I bought a pair of bottle green low top Nike Blazers before the summer, they were surprisingly versatile, and they sound pretty awful by description but they just worked. Served me well but they're exhausted now and time to be laid to rest.
    I'm a post-grad & 23, so trying to dress slightly more mature than your average student, but I did wear them mainly for uni with skinny jeans, v-neck teeshirt with an oversized knit chucked on. [I know trainers are generally younger. I do have desert boots & brogue boots but I like to keep trainers in the cycle too.]

I'm in the market for a replacement and looking for recommendations?
    Looking for something that will be able to handle winter to an extent, and even better if they can still last me through a couple of months traveling through the summer
    But something that's not too O.T.T. I don't like being a stand out guy. I just want my looks to seem put-together and work more effortlessly and less obviously try hard.
    I can't afford Common Projects or even close.

Do we like the Air Max 1 band wagon?

Was thinking the Blazers below?

The fashionbeans forum's collective unrivaled insight is welcome...
    All about the Air Max 1s.

Pegs are a bit plain for my liking unless you find a good colour way.

Fashionisto
    Thanks for the replies boys!
    Think I agree with happydayz on the Pegs,
    but can't help myself drifting against the Maxs. I think it's the bubble. Just seem a little contrived for me.

Found these as a lesser worn alternative...

So I'm down to these, or the black blazers I posted above.

If you had the choice between the two, which would you go for...........?

Air Force 1s are on the up so if you get those ^ you will be ahead of the curve a bit

I like the burgundy colour you posted

Style Icon
    I like the burgundy AF1s as well (not that I'd have known that's what they were!).
    Photographic exploits: http://ow.ly/su7Io

Musical proclivities: http://ow.ly/su7Ju

Assorted twitterings: http://ow.ly/su7Nb

Fashionisto
    Yeah, they have a few nice colours... I like them in olive & a deep navy too. But burgundy's probably the one with the most edge. Think'll go great with all sorts of denim.

I did notice they are on the up. Saw them in a prominent display in JD Sports, but looks like more fashion focused shops like Schuh, Office etc. have just started pushing them a little bit too. Some would find it annoying but the juvenile side of me would probably enjoy the self-indulgent smugness of wearing something a few weeks before they explode as a trend. Same as knowing a band "before they were big".

Think I'll get them. Black blazers aren't going anywhere either so maybe I'll pick them up next time.

Des

Trend Setter
    If you go for the AF1's you'll realise just how versatile the Blazers were. Plus the inevitable sloppy crease at the toes will come way too quick if using for travelling through the summer

+ Reply to Thread