FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
    Des

Trend Setter

Stan Smith

Anyone manage to cop a pair? Noticed End Clothing and Size? stocked them just after midnight then had pretty much sold out when I woke up. Managed to order the green ones.
    Not even sure of the appeal but for me they're the alternative to true white vans or jack purcells which go with everything. The velcro ones are a definite throwback for me.

Fashionisto
    Respect for Adidas for pricing them right...... Being a re-retro, I expected vaseline prices.

J8x

Trend Setter
    Wasn't even checking for them. Silhouette just doesn't work well with slim/skinny jeans. Plus the heel logo ruins them, there are much better retros about.

Des

Trend Setter
    There aren't many non-low profile styles that do go with skinnies. It's just a retro thats clean and versatile and has a bit of heritage. No first ever "visible air unit" and no massive "N" emblazoned on the sides.

J8x

Trend Setter
    There are much better Adidas Originals about though, Tobaccos, Gazelles, Trimm Stars etc. There is a reason why they are still being bought, they work still. Stan Smiths just don't work for me with modern style/fashion, the hype is just because they haven't been selling for years for good reason.

Des

Trend Setter
    A lot has to do with the era though. Those originals are great but their actual retro appeal is lost on me. I agree the SS are being overhyped but with the likes of the CP Achilles capitalising on simplicity, they is more than enough room for them to make a return. Unlike the Puma Disc and Reebok Pump of which there is no place for them today. Tried and failed.

+ Reply to Thread