FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Feedback is needed

Guys, I have been looking to buy some Flyknits for a while now, and decided to find the trainer+ model as it was the most standard in terms of sole.

I found these online cheap at 70 (A) thinking they were (B) so obviously bought them without too much thought.
    After taking another look at them I realised that they were not the ones I was after.

What do you guys think, worth keeping? or is there anywhere that sell (B)?

(A)

(B)

Trend Setter
    Should I be looking for a different pair completely? I dont wear trainers too often but would like to own a couple of decent pairs.
    This is something I could really do with some advice on.

Des

Style Icon
    I have (b) in volt colour and its a great shoe. New models come out too often now that its not worth yearning after a previous release. Saying that, I really don't think much of the current ones. Not a fan of a lunar sole for a casual look and the current shape of the Free Flyknits are way off. Serious platypus.

Hmmmm

They're not as nice as the ones you thought they were, but if B is an old style you are unlikely to fond them now.

If you have your heart set on some blue flyknits then I'd say keep them at that price.

If it's the contrast / intricacy of the design of B that you liked (rather than the colour), I'd say send them back and get back on the hunt. Plenty of them out there and the best colourways are the ones with that really good contrast, whereas I'd say A look a bit flat and even a little basic/cheap looking.

Trend Setter
    Thanks guys.

Yea I liked the contrast and the white stitch detailing of (B) wish I stopped and looked a little more before hitting that buy now button. Like you said (A) look to be flat and cheap looking compared. The newer models like you mentioned Des have that odd lunar sole and dont look casual enough to rock on a casual day to the office or on the weekend. Which is why I hunted out the Trainer+.

Any suggestions on what would be a good alternative? I am not really too clued up on what is out on the market as I wear shoes most of the time. I am trying to break this habit, but not doing very well. I dont like anything too bright, the above (B) would be about right for me. So neon yellows, greens would be out of the question.

Trend Setter
    They came in the (B) model, I was really happy then realised they dont fit and dont sell in my size... just my luck

Fashionisto
    Definitely should keep. Those are so cool. But you can't have too many sneakers, so if your budget can handle it, buy the ones you were originally after too

+ Reply to Thread