FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
    Des

Style Icon

Flyknit Looks

Anticipating delivery of a new pair of Racers ordered but just remembered my previous pair (trainers) didn't actually look good with many things apart from shorts and rolled skinny jeans. And that's also the only way I've ever seen them worn.

Due to the form of the slimmer racers, are these even more restricted in terms of pairing up with jeans (no mankles)? If anyone can post or point me in the direction of any inspirational looks where I can wear these with a standard hem I'd be grateful..

Hey man!!

The only problem with all the flyknit is the colors...those bright colors aren't always easy to pair up so I hope you got something simple.

Now, for looks...there's a reason why everyone wear those shoes with a roll -> It looks a lot better! Now, if you're tired of rolling up, you can go the Bloom way:

I'm not a big fan but that's just me. Go with your guts, you'll figure it out!

Depends on if you want them to actually use for a sport/running or if you're wearing them just for show. I hear that they're not that optimal to actually do training in. I feel like they would carry a more casual feel to them, maybe some joggers or jeans that are going to taper your ankle. They do come in some simple colors, like black and white (my favorite) but their original one-and-only designs are what makes them cool, so trying to find a way to match them would be great.

If you're tall, maybe go for a monochromatic outfit with bright statement shoes. If you're not tall, maybe some in a simpler color and match them to the outfit.

Jake.

Just ordered a pair of flyknits in black & white to wear casually. Can't wait till they arrive

Quote Originally Posted by ElNino333 View Post
    Just ordered a pair of flyknits in black & white to wear casually. Can't wait till they arrive
    You won't be disappointed.

Well I've got them and they are amazing! So comfy, the black ones actually look better with my lighter jeans. Be great for summer.

The only thing I don't like about them is the width at the front, so wide. I've got the free 4.0 ones, are there any that are narrower?

Des

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by ElNino333 View Post
    Well I've got them and they are amazing! So comfy, the black ones actually look better with my lighter jeans. Be great for summer.

The only thing I don't like about them is the width at the front, so wide. I've got the free 4.0 ones, are there any that are narrower?
    The ones with a free sole are known to have a platypus shape. Try a Racer or Trainer but you won't get as nice an instep..

Ahh ok thanks, do you guys think they're too wide to wear casually?

I see that the trainer and racer are holder to get hold of, especially in white on black.

+ Reply to Thread