FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Good Leather Trainers...

South African kid here...just wondering which leather trainers the other readers find appealing? There's an Italian brand called Superga that's pretty popular here, got these leather ones a while back:

Very cool for minimalist footwear, not sure if they're available in the UK/USA but they'd probably be very popular, everyone else's opinions?

Yeah you get those over here, they are moderately popular. I like them myself.

Trend Setter
    If anybody is a bit flush with money just now, I love these, and have done for a while, so simple and clean. They are on a list of things I want but will never have, gutted. VOR-Produkte - Shop - Premium Footwear - Sneaker kaufen - Sneakers Shop | - VOR-Produkte

Sam

Style Icon
    I'm not particularly a trainers guy, but that's more because I don't play sport with style and similarly sport doesn't feature in my own personal style. If I were to buy a pair for casual wear, they'd have to be nice and minimal. I've made a case for converse elsewhere but, besides the hi-top, this sort of thing is my ideal (although far from affordable):

Common Projects*Mid Top Leather Sneakers*|*MR PORTER

See, those Supergas do look nice, and I've never disliked them, but personally I think they'd work better in brown, black, dark grey, tan, etc. White shoes have never been appealing to me - not even, in fact, as a tyke!

See, I'm the other way on this one Sam. If I'm wearing footwear in those colours, I'm more likely to oft for boots or shoes, so white trainers are the only colour I really wear.

I agree Sam, if they made them in a few more solid neutral colors that'd be cool, they had brown a while back with a black sole which weren't too bad, and navy blue. Colorful leather could also be cool, overall they could do a lot more leather, canvas doesn't last long enough, especially white.

I've always found Paul Smith trainers to be very good, they're smart, simple and go with just about everything, also there are many different styles and colours to choose from. I'm going to treat myself to a pair of these in the new year I think:

Paul Smith Jeans | Paul Smith Jeans Osmo Leather Plimsolls at ASOS

The Vivienne Westwood ones for this season are pretty nice. If you can deal with the velcro!!

The Kemist: Vivienne Westwood Black Soweto Cindy
    Http://www.netclothing.net

+ Reply to Thread