FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Trend Setter

Help Me Choose Between These 2 Leather Trainers

I'm choosing a white leather trainer for summer, the thing is I don't know which one to get from these 2...any help please? Converse*Jack Purcell Leather Sneakers*|*MR PORTER (Converse Jack Purcell) Fred Perry - Reprise Cuff Leather Plimsoll (Fred Perry Reprise, in white) Suggestions? To be honest the thing which I'm not a huge fan of, is that the Fred Perry has a grey part on it, which kind of ruins the whole 'cleans and white' aspect of it. If it didn't have that one 'flaw', it would have been a winner.

I prefer the converse, but even more I prefer these

Crawford Low Top

Trend Setter
    Converse defo. or perhaps these Superga ; Superga | Superga 2720 FGLU Leather Trainers at ASOS

Trend Setter
    Yeah the Converse do look nice...any particular reason why you didn't like the Fred Perry ones? I would love to hear some feedback about that. Also, didn't really like the Crawford ones, and the Superga were better. And by not choosing the Fred Perry ones, I'd be a bit more individual, as almost everyone is running around in those things. (Sidenote: Anyone knows why my posts don't have paragraphs? when I'm using the thread editor, no controls pop up, just a box-I'm typing this on notepad using the enter key and all, but when I paste everything on this site, it just becomes a wall of text. I'm using the latest version of Firefox if that's any help)

Trend Setter
    OK as I'm trying to stay away from online shopping as I'm still 17, and without a VISA, I'm stuck to traditional shopping. I've toured around the 2 major shopping cities in my country and apparently the Jack Purcell models from Converse aren't popular enough to be shipped in the masses Then I went to Fred Perry, and apparently the model which I posted in the OP isn't shipping here anymore. The only white leather trainers which they have available are these: Fred Perry | Fred Perry Reprise Leather Cuff Trainers at ASOS Fred Perry | Fred Perry Reprise Cuff Leather Plimsolls at ASOS Any suggestions on which one is better as a summer trainer? Or should I ditch the whole Fred Perry idea, and go with something else? (Reccomendations have to be from poplular/mainstream and widespread brands, as my country isn't the best when it comes to keeping updated in the fashion world and in the stocking of new items.)
    Last edited by malti001; 24-04-2012 at 09:40 PM.

Trend Setter
    I'm not keen on trainers, but if I had to choose I'd go with the Navy.

Fashionisto
    i'd go with the navy ones aswell

Converse, Vans Vault makes some sick leather pieces too ::: Vans Vault - Bodega

THM

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by malti001 View Post
    OK as I'm trying to stay away from online shopping as I'm still 17, and without a VISA, I'm stuck to traditional shopping. I've toured around the 2 major shopping cities in my country and apparently the Jack Purcell models from Converse aren't popular enough to be shipped in the masses Then I went to Fred Perry, and apparently the model which I posted in the OP isn't shipping here anymore. The only white leather trainers which they have available are these: Fred Perry | Fred Perry Reprise Leather Cuff Trainers at ASOS Fred Perry | Fred Perry Reprise Cuff Leather Plimsolls at ASOS Any suggestions on which one is better as a summer trainer? Or should I ditch the whole Fred Perry idea, and go with something else? (Reccomendations have to be from poplular/mainstream and widespread brands, as my country isn't the best when it comes to keeping updated in the fashion world and in the stocking of new items.)
    I have a pair of Fred Perry canvas trainers from the same range and the quality isn't great. The inside of the back of the heel has broken through on both of them so now my foot rubs against a piece of plastic. Not a problem I've ever had with trainers before and they're definitely not too big for me. Also, the toe strip edges have started to come away.

The comfort and quality doesn't reflect the (retail) price in my opinion. I have had them quite a while but I don't think I'll get another pair to be honest.

Trend Setter
    Yeah now I'm just gonna get the Jack Purcell ones. The Fred Perry ones are just too mainstream here, and I would simply look like another copy(I thrive for originality)

Now I think I'm gonna get them from Mr. Porter, as ASOS suddenly have run out of stock for the white leather ones(free shipping will be missed dearly) Any suggestions where to get Jack Purcell Leather (in white), but at a reasonable price online, with minimal or no shipping expenses? Thanks in advance

+ Reply to Thread