BeansPublishing Limited. (“we”, “our”, “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. FashionBeans.com (“website”, “FashionBeans”, “FashionBeans.com”) is operated and run by BeansPublishing Limited, which is registered in England and Wales with Company No. 7740652 and VAT Registration 939 2582 86.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is BeansPublishing Limited. of Ventura House, Ventura Park Road, Tamworth, Staffordshire, B78 3HL.
When you participate in, access or sign up to any of the FashionBeans.com’s services, activities or online content, such as newsletters, competitions, article comments, comment subscription services or message boards, we may receive personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address or date of birth, depending on the activity.
By submitting your details, you enable FashionBeans.com to provide you with the services, activities or online content you select/desire.
We also monitor customer traffic patterns and site use (see the section on cookies below) which enables us to improve the service we provide.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site FashionBeans.com (the Website). This includes information provided at the time of registering for our newsletter, posting comments on our articles, registering for our forum or contacting us.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- If you enter one of our competitions, we will keep a copy of the data you submit to us.
- Details of your visits to our Website, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data and the resources that you access.
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to FashionBeans.com. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer, tablet or mobile phone (referred to here as a “device”) browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other websites. Many websites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows. You can find out more about the way cookies work on http://www.aboutcookies.org/.
Cookies also help us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our website according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our website.
To read more about how FashionBeans.com utilises cookies on its website, please read our official cookies policy, which can be found here: fashionbeans.com/cookies/
Most browsers allow you to turn off the cookie function. If you want to know how to do this please look at the help menu on your browser. This will impact on the functionality of the FashionBeans website, and the FashionBeans.com services you can use however.
Use Of Your Information
We will use your information to provide and personalise our service. We will also use your contact details to communicate our weekly newsletter with you only if you have opted in. We may use your information to send you offers and news about BeansPublishing Limited products and services. We will never sell your information to third parties without your prior consent. We may contact you by email for these purposes stated above.
If you have subscribed to FashionBeans.com newsletter (or any BeansPublishing Limited website), you will be provided with an unsubscribe link in every mail we send you; which can be used if the mailing does not suit your personal taste or requirements.
We like to hear your views to help us improve our service. From time to time, we may contact you by email. Again, if you do not want to be contacted for this purpose, you can unsubscribe at any time.
Please note that there may be instances where it may be necessary for us to communicate with you, in any event, for administrative or operational reasons relating to our service.
To summarise, we may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from FashionBeans is presented in the most effective manner for you, your computer or mobile device.
- To use IP addresses to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different countries and to determine whether you are accessing the website from the UK or not.
- To provide our basic services, activities or online content and to deal with your requests and enquiries.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes (such as signing up for our newsletter or subscribing to our RSS feed).
- To contact you about a comment/submission/suggestion you have made, including any content you provide.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers or affiliate network partners, but we may provide them with anonymous aggregate information about our users so they can make decisions on whether advertising with us would be beneficial.
When Will FashionBeans Contact Me?
We may contact you in these circumstances:
- In relation to any service, activity or online content you have signed up for in order to ensure that we can deliver these services to you.
- Where you have opted to receive further correspondence.
- In relation to any contribution you have submitted on the FashionBeans.com, e.g. on the FashionBeans forums, leaving reviews or commenting on our articles.
Disclosure Of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985. We will never pass your personal data to anyone else.
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. Likewise, if FashionBeans.com or all of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal data held about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described in the ‘Offensive Or Inappropriate Content: Disclosure Of Information’ section below. Generally, we will only use your information within the BeansPublishing Limited websites.
Offensive Or Inappropriate Content: Disclosure Of Information
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to the BeansPublishing Limited websites or engage in any disruptive behaviour on any BeansPublishing Limited service, we may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where we reasonably believe that you are or may be in breach of any of the laws of England and Wales (or the law of Scotland if you live there), BeansPublishing Limited may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school email/internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should not write down or share this password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How Long Will You Hold My Information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity. If you cancel your registration as a FashionBeans.com website user and your account is deleted, it will be removed immediately and automatically by the system.
Where you contribute material to FashionBeans.com, we will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us.
Access To Information Held About You
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information BeansPublishing Limited holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you, and we will require you to prove your identity with two (2) pieces of approved identification. We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
Newsletter Opt-out Process
To unsubscribe from the FashionBeans newsletter please just follow this link and enter the email address you signed up with: Unsubscribe From FashionBeans Newsletter
Alternatively you can click the unsubscribe link (located at both the top and bottom) in any of our recent newsletter e-mails.
The Data Protection Officer
Ventura Park Road,
Alternatively, you can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.